Sunday, May 1, 2011

Garden Tea Party


My inspiration for this card were the digis from Paper Cupcakes that I won last week at There's Magic in the Air. I thought of a tea party in the garden as I made this multi fold card for Jenn's challenge at TMITA's this week. My card is a stair step  fold . After printing the images, I colored them with Copics and paper pieced the teapot with floral paper. I cut lattice strips for each step and added the leafy branches . Finished with the sentiment inviting someone to my tea party. I was going to add glossy accents to the cup and pot but forgot...will add later.

Challenges:
There's Magic in the Air: Use multi fold card.
Digi Doodle Shop's Best: Anything goes
Fussy and Fancy Friday : Theme is springtime 
Wee Memories: Paper Piecing...on teapot.

Suppplies:
Digital Images: Paper Cupcakes "Teacup with Roses", "Rose Teapot"
Stamp: Creative Vision
Ink: SU Pixie Pink, Copics Y000, YR02, E0000, R81,83,85
Papers: GKD Green and White CS, Glossy White CS from Stash (lattice), Floral Pattern from Tracy Porter, Green Pattern Unknown( K&CO?).
Martha Stewart Lattice  Punch
Nesties Circle Dies
Sizzix Branch with Leaf Die

Please drop by for a spot of tea.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

6 comments:

dj1952 said...

Wow! I love your card; what a wonderful idea. Thanks for joining us at DDSB and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Hugs, dj

The Other Patti Sue said...

Tea for 2 and 2 for tea... sorry, it's stuck in my head! Love this, it's super cute! Love the stair step!

Nina said...

Theresa, this is just darling, love the tea party theme and the paper piecing on the pot. Your lattice and leave are the perfect finishing touch as well! love it! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA with Paper Cupcakes!
Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA w Paper Cupakes Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Karen said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at DDSB.
xx

Giovana said...

Fantastic card! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

craftybunny said...

Very pretty card.Love all the added punchwork.Thanks for joining us at DDSB :D
Lisa x