Friday, June 11, 2010

Catch of the Day...A Whopper!

At There's  Magic In The Air, Jessie  brings us a challenge  to use the sketch (lower right) as well as the image "Catch of the Day" (free this week here) from Paper Cupcakes.  So off I went fishing for paper, embellishments, sentiments, and ideas and came up catching the biggest fish that I could. 
I colored the image with pencils and OMS, cut with nesties circle and matted on a scallop circle.  I have had these fish buttons forever and thought this would be a great card to use one. I also ran some heavy thread  on the pole to add some dimension and interest but it hardly shows in the photo. Added a dragonfly brad....always see those when you go fishing. Added a digital sentiment from Creative Cottage, their June Freebie here. I printed the sentiment, punched out with a circle punch and sponged orange. I assembled the card elements following the sketch layout and hung the fish button from the line over the actual fish that was there. I should get a prize for bringing in such a big fish on my card. Ha!!

Other challenges entering:
Just Cute Bears: Create a Father's Day Card
Cards for Men:  Also Father's Day Challenge
Sentimental Sundays: New or neglected stash....have had the brad and button for many years. Use a sentiment on card.
Cas-tastic Challenges:  Button, Button... Who's got the button? is their challenge.
The only fish I've caught lately was in the supermarket but I love fresh fish just caught. Would love to have a old fashion fish fry with hushpuppies and all the trimmings. Making me hungry.
Theresa

16 comments:

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears!
Helen x

Olga said...

Fantastic card!!! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC again this week. Hugs, Olga

Crystal said...

Adorable card Theresa!!!! What a super sweet image fabulous job with this sketch!!! BTW come visit my blog there is something exciting for you!!!!! Come check it out...Hugs!

Patti J said...

Great card Theresa! Love it! You really DO need to head over to Crystal's blog!!!

Patti said...

I always thought hush-puppies were shoes! Love your card... super adorable!

Sandra said...

Hi....great card,such a cute bear and the fish looks fab.....thanks for joining us this week at Just Cute Bears...

Have a lovely weekend
Take care
San x

issy said...

Fabulous, I love the bear.n the fish....is that the one that got away(lol)

Thanks for playing along with Cards for Men this week, and good luck in the challenge.

issy

Payne Holler Cards said...

too cute! your fish really should win a prize! LOL

Sonia said...

Very cute, love the lil fish.
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.
Hugs Sonia xx

Jessie said...

Fab card and I love the fish! Thanks for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC :)

Deb Neerman said...

So cute ... love those buttons!

Thanks for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday clean and simple "Buttons" challenge!

Annie said...

a fabulous card for Father's Day! thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.
hugs, annie x

Karen B. said...

What a fantastic creation and oh my, a fabulous button! Very cute card.

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful card, love your layout. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.

The Wired Angel said...

Supermarket fish??? How funny are you! That's all I've caught lately too.. besides a cold.

Adorable card.. I had to stop by and say thanks for the inspiration. Peggy x

Viv said...

Love this cute card. It's just the ticket!
Thanks for playing along with us at Cards For Men. Good luck! Viv xx