Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Pink Elephant with a Turquoise Heart


When I saw Tina's color challenge at Stamp TV for Turquoise Sea and Innocent Pink, I thought this is one that I cannot do... but I did have innocent pink and found a scrap close to turquoise (does not look that close in the photo but does in RL).  And then I saw the challenge at TMITA to use their sketch and a Paper Cupcake Image and things came together.  I remembered this Elephant image, "Tons of Love" I had from Paper Cupcakes and thought of a Pink Elephant ...a turquoise rhinestone heart...scraps of the turquoise checks....pink +turquoise and it all came in to place. I must say, this is a stretch from my usual card style.
Colored the image with pencils and OMS and added some glaze and sparkle with  pens to elephant and hearts.  Matted the image to a pink mat off center to give it a more whimsical look.
Image: Paper Cupcakes by Nina Jay May
Stamp: SU Joy
Paper: GKD PL Innocent Pink, Pattern and Turquoise  from Scraps
Oval Nestibilities 

Sketch and challenge at TMITA this week is by my talented cyber friend, Olga.

Had a difficult time photographing this card...does not show actual colors very well.
But I think this card is full of JOY for someone.
 I hope I bring some joy in to some one's life today.
Theresa

8 comments:

Patti said...

Well you've already brought joy to my life today... love the pink elephant! Super cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!

Olga said...

this is fantastic! Colors look great to me, tahnks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week, hugs Olga

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is cute! Love the image!

Nilla said...

A fabulous pink elephant and card! Thanks for participating this week at TMITA/PCC! Hugs Nilla

Betty Benton said...

How much fun to see this sweet elephant again!! You did a great job with the challenges!

Pat said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the sweet elephant and the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week.

Pat xx

Nina said...

Super cute! Love that pink elephant, she is full of joy! Your color combo is fun as well! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Patti P. said...

Congrats, just saw where you were the winner! Great card.