Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Orchids Are Blooming for Challenges

Inspiration for this card for TMITA and Digital Tuesday is the orchid pictured below that I have blooming in my living room.
At There's Magic in the Air, Kim 's challenge was to use any "acquired image" from Paper Cupcakes and  to use the following recipe: any Paper Cupcake image,  a 4x4 size card base , 1 ribbon , 1 single type of embellishment  in ANY quantity, 1 stamped/printed sentiment and NO patterned papers. I had this image of an Orchid purchased here at Paper Cupcakes that I colored with pencils and OMS. Added ribbon and some red pearls and matted the image on red CS and then onto base card of white of 4x4 size. Added sentiment cut with Label 9 Nesties. This card also qualifies for Digital Tuesday challenge which is April Flowers or April Shower. Make anything as long it relates to April flowers or April showers and use a digi somewhere on your creation.

Image: Paper Cupcakes-"Large Orchid" by Nina
Stamp: GKD "Tropical Windows"
Ink: SU Ruby Red
Paper: GKD PL White,  DCWV Red
Ribbon: American Crafts
I have had this orchid for a number of years and love how it blooms for so many weeks. First blooms began in January and is now full of blooms. Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day.
Theresa

8 comments:

Patti said...

Your orchid is WOW gorgeous! Love your card... you totally rocked this challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!

Olga said...

Teresa this is gorgeous! The way you colored the flower is awesome!!Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC! Hugs, Olga

Patti P. said...

Theresa, thanks for stopping by my blog and following....I love your card and your flowers all over your blog are gorgeous. I assume those are your daffodials. The irises on mine are ones that came from my father who is now passed on and I wouldn't take anything for them. I love your slideshow. Mine is just generic but I need to put some of my pics in it. You have inspired me. Thanks again.

Nina said...

oh my this is just beautiful and you added so much details to your coloring, makes so awe so more lovely. Your real ochid is just lovely! I was looking at orchids in the store just last night and I must say they are just so beautiful and your card is just that as well, beautiful! love all the detail you placed in your coloring! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Sue W said...

Beautiful card Theresa......as always your colouring is amazing.....How lucky you are to have such a beautiful Orchid in your home.
Thanks for joining in again this week and good luck.

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card and coloring! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC! Hugs Nilla

Selma said...

What a beautiful orchid Teresa. You did a fabulous job using it for inspiration for this challenge. Your coloring is always awesome! Thanks for joining us again at TMITA/PCC.

Lora said...

I love how you have kept this card simple and let the flower do all the "talking", it's very pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday.
Lora x