Wednesday, December 16, 2009

TMITA Challenge


There's Magic in the Air has a beautiful free digital image this week. Download here. Selma challenged us this week at TMITA to use their week's image "Christmas Arrangement" and she also wanted us to "Glitz It Up"!!

This was a great image to work with. I printed the image on white CS and then printed again on pink CS. I colored the image  using pencils with OMS and used orange gold glitter pen on the "oranges" and  cranberry glitter pen  on the pepper berries. I cut the lily and bow from the pink CS images. I colored the dots and stamen on the lily with a glitter pen and used a glaze pen on the bow and attached with dimensionals to the colored image. I cut the image with a Nestabilities and sponged with a gold ink pad. I mounted to a pink mat.  I edged the pink mat and green patterened mat with gold pen. Added pearls to the flowers and corners of the pink mat. Used soft sand CS as the base card. Love the softness of the  look that came out.
Papers: Basic Grey Patterened Paper
            GKD Soft Sand CS
            Pink  and White CS from Stash
Hope there is magic in your holiday season.
Thanks for stopping by at my blog!
Theresa

7 comments:

craftieodamae said...

Theresa this is so gorgeous!!! Love how you put the pearls in the center of the flowers. Thanks for joining in with us at TMITA

Danielle said...

What a beautiful card Theresa! Your colouring is gorgeous and you've combined such pretty colours in the floral display! Thanks for joining in the TMITA challenge this week!
Hugs, Danielle

Patti said...

Wow Theresa, you never cease to amaze me! This is absolutely beautiful!I love how you popped up the lily,and the pearls are the perfect finishing touch! You rock!Thanks for playing with us at TMITA! Hope to see you again!

Lori said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! I do love what you've done with it :D

Thank you for visiting and entering my blogcandy.

Merry Christmas!

Nina said...

Theresa this is so soft and beautiful. I love the pp you used and the touch of gold border just sets it all off so nicely. Love how you popped the lily out as well. And the pearls, perfect finishing touch, very elegant! Thanks for joining us this week over at TMITA!

Selma said...

Theresa I love how you finished this in pastels. It is so gorgeous. I like the dimension you gave it and always love the addition of pearls. Great job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us this week on TMITA.

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card, so well colored this beautiful image! Thanks for joining us this week! Hugs Nilla TMITA Team