Tuesday, March 8, 2022

The Colors of Mardi Gras


Welcome to my studio! Today I had fun creating this card with a Mardi Gras theme. I used a clipart that I have in a file on my computer. I added the words with Photoshop and printed out the image on white card stock. Love that fanciful font. I enhanced the image with Gold Embossing on the mask and the holding stick and used Wink of Stella on the mask for more sparkle. After trimming the image, I inked the edges with a Pilot Metallic Gold Marker. I then embossed this with Cuttlebug Diamond Plate EF.  I assembled the card with a Green Card Base and a mat of Purple CS which I thought were appropriate colors for the theme. I purposedly place the mat at an angle....thought it added a bit of a jovial touch.  Finished with thin silk ribbons of Lavender, Gold, and Green on the mask. Thought that picked up on the printed ribbon dangling from the mask. 
Challenges: 
Can You Handle the Pressure? Challenge is Anything Goes Embossing with a Twist of Think Spring



Stay Safe and Healthy! Thanks for stopping by. I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

  1. awesome Mardi Gras mask and the embossing over it really sets it off! Thank you for joining our challenge at can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a fabulous Mardi Gras creation! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
    Darlene
    CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and embossed background!

    Thank you for joining in at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges
    DT Val x
    https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!