Tuesday, March 8, 2022

A Pocket Full of Posies


Hello! When I saw the Double D Something with Pockets Challenge, I thought immediately of a Heartfelt Creations Stamp that I have had a long time, not telling just how long. So I pulled out that stamp and some flower stamps also from HFC and made this card. But I did not create a card that I was really happy with....maybe needed more in the background....seems to be too much white. And I did not like the way I colored the flowers....a bit boring and too much orange. I inked the floral stamp with markers and then added more coloring with Copics, pencils and finally used some glaze and gelly roll  pens. I stamped the pocket on a blue CS with orange ink to get the colored stitches like on denims. I stamped the sentiment with orange also but did not like so I stamped with Versamark and  used a bright yellow EP to make it show better. But the Yellow EP on the Blue CS turned green! Should have expected that! I fussy cut the pocket and attached over the  Stamped flowers. I first stamped the pocket on the white CS so the fringe would show under the pocket. Finished by popping up one flower on top of the pocket edge.  I used a blue card base. Well I did create a card with a pocket for the challenge BUT???
As I created this card, I was also thinking of Ukraine and their flag colors of blue and yellow and this inspire the design and sentiment used. 
Challenges:
Double D Challenges: Something With Pockets


Stay Safe and Healthy! Thanks for stopping by. I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant project, STUNNING design for our current challenge POCKETS… Thanks for joining in at [aNNie Designer for Double D challenges
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and fabulous creation Theresa! Yes I think the brave people of Ukraine are on all our minds right now and in our prayers! Beautifully done my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pockets’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta pocket image, love the fringe too! Pretty, pretty posies! I think this is a fantastic creation! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Pockets Challenge. Donna, DT Member. I stand with the good people of Ukraine! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty pocket card and love the fringe around the pocket!! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!