Friday, July 24, 2020

Summer at the Lake


Hello! This is my third post today.  Making up for missing several days of posting.  I made this card for a couple of challenges including Mod Squad and The House That Stamps Built.  I created this scenic slim card with Repeat Impressions Stamps using 2 shoreline stamps and one of a canoer that I think I have never used before.  After stamping the shoreline with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I colored the trees and lake with copics and sponged the sky with clouds using Memento Summer Sky ink. Stamping the Canoer with Memento Gray ink was an afterthought but I liked the outcome.  I colored the image with more of my Copics. After  trimming the scene, I attached the panel to a tan mat that I embossed with a Forest Branches EF and finished with a Dark Brown card base.
Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: Make a Slimline card with a scene. Card is 3.5 x 7.5"
The House That Stamps Built: Anything Goes Challenge JL220. Used Repeat Impressions Stamps
Use Your Stuff: #401 Summer Fun.
The Male Room: Challenge#140 Sport.  Rowing a Canoe is the sport featured on my card.


Stay Safe! Stay Healthy! Wear a Mask!
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa










7 comments:

  1. Ooo . . . what a great slimline card!! I used the same image (well, maybe--I used the one that has both sides together, but maybe you used the two images) in my DT card this week. Love the look or your peaceful scene. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic scene on your slimline card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Perfect scene for a slim card, love how you have put it all together. Thank you so much for joining us in our Sport challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith DT The Male Room

    Faith my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a calm and beautiful scene, well put together on a slim card. Thank you for joining us at the Male Room Craft Challenge. Clarissa, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty scene you have created for this slimline card. The scene is so peaceful and makes a great guy card. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lake side scene you have created, love it and love the lakes, they are part of my "soul scenery". Thank you for joining The Male Room sports-challenge, I hope to see you joining our new Birthday challenge also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a serene card! Great scene. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!