Hello! Welcome to my studio. I have not spent much time here for the last few weeks but I am back now to post as a guest designer for one of my favorite card challenges Retro Rubber. This great challenge gives me an opportunity to use some of my oldie but goodie stamps.
The theme for the challenge is Anything Goes and you must use stamps older than a year. For my card I have reached back in time to 2011 to use a stamp set from Flourishes ( no longer around) designed by Marcella Hawley. The Zinnia set is one of my favorites and I have used it many times. I stamped the Zinnias on white card stock with Memento Toffee Crunch ink and colored with Copics using my favorite color combo of pink and green. I added some highlights and accents with colored pencils and a gold gelly roll metallic pen. I stamped the sentiment from the same set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I trimmed the image with a Spellbinder scalloped oval die and placed on a background of patterned paper from DCWV Hello Darlin' stack. I attached this to a Pink card base. I finished with some Dewdrops that I have had in my stash for many years.
Please pull out some of your older stamps and join in the fun at Retro Rubber Challenge. You have until July 10 to enter.
Thanks to all the design team at Retro Rubber for inviting me to be a guest designer....it was an honor.
Stay safe!
Stay healthy!
Have a great day! I love reading your comments.
Theresa


Beautiful card and I can see why you love the Zinnia set. It is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty....I love pinks and greens together and your zinnia is delightful! Thanks for being a GD with us this week!
ReplyDeleteTheresa, it's a great pleasure to have you on board as guest designer for this challenge. Love your colouring and the way you've added highlights with metallics and pencils. Pink and green are a favourite combination of mine too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty card with those great zinnias! I love that you stamped them in a softer color, making them look so realistic after coloring. Love the rounded corners of the dsp too! NJ on using those great old Flourishes stamps!
ReplyDeleteGreat card Theresa, so nice to have you as GDT this time at Retro Rubber. I love your colouring of the Zinnias. I think I have a piece of that paper still too! Claire RR DT
ReplyDelete