Welcome! I am still playing with acrylic paints. This time I used only Folk Art Green Umber paint to stamp. Used an old wood mounted stamp...yes I still have stamps on wood blocks...this one is from Judi Kins and I have no idea where I got it. But I thought the fern would be good to use with acrylic paint after watching Andy Skinner's video about stamping with acrylic paints. I like the look of texture that resulted. I really got carried away stamping but once I had the paint on an acrylic surface I tried to use all the paint. I used both white and ivory cardstocks and finished the CAS cards with Gina K Designs sentiments that I heat embossed and used different card bases. On the top card, I embossed a frame around the image using layered scallop dies to emboss using rubber mats with the dies. The sentiment was also die cut and attached to the image.
I also finished one card with a layer of patterned paper and white card base that I just happened to find by accident when I was looking for something else. I thought it was a perfect background for the stamped image. I have said that I have so many patterned papers that I do not know what I have. Finished this card with a Get Well sentiment also by GKD.
Challenges:
CAS Mix Up Card Challenge: Use acrylic Paints + Stamping + Your Choice. I added heat embossing, dry embossing, and die cut.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Always about using Patterned Paper.
Just Us Girls Challenge: Word Week 526 Heal
Have a great day! I love reading your comments.
Theresa






I love the extra texture you got stamping with the paint. I think I have done this once or twice but not for a long time. I still have wood mount stamps too. I still like them!
ReplyDeleteWow! I love that fern stamp and the amazing results you got using the paint. That fern is so versatile, as you have shown with all of the different ocessions. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!
ReplyDeleteI've never tried stamping with acrylic paint Theresa, but you've inspired me! The fern is gorgeous and I'm amazed at the detail you got using the paint. Vicky x
ReplyDeleteMore WOW! cards with your acrylic paint, Theresa! The ferns look like botanical prints and not stamps. So cool with the texture. The embosssed oval framing of your first card is really beautiful. It's subtle and lets the fern be the star. Great work! Thanks again for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards Love that fern! Thanks for sharing at JUGS!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThese cards are stunning, I can see why one went on to an encore. These cards are a go to card for any occasion. Truly beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!
Oh your cards are wonderful!! Such a great way to use the acrylics... Thanks so much for playing along at the CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteSuper set of cards - that's a lovely stamp!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!