Saturday, February 22, 2020

Take a Slice of Lemon and Make Cards


Hello!  I have an entry for Twofer #24 Card Challenge to use Fruit - use the same stamp, stencil, or die for the prompt on two different designs for two different occasions.  I decided to use a simple lemon slice stamp from Just For Fun to create 2 cards.  For one card I stamped the slice 3 times using masking with Memento inks and markers.  The sentiment was generated using Photoshop.  Added a border of dry embossing to give some texture. Finished with a lime Green cardstock. I will send this for a birthday. 
For the second card, I created  flowers with the lemon slice stamp adding some stems and leaves with GKD stamps. Colored with Memento and Copic Markers.  Used Scalloped oval dies to trim the image and to frame  with Yellow cardstock. Attached to an Orange card base.  Finished with some glitter gems and the word Hello stamped and die cut with GKD stamp and dies. 
Challenges:
Double D Challenges: Saying Hello

Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by. 



7 comments:

  1. Two delicious-looking fruity cards, Theresa. Love that stack on your birthday card, and your sentiment fits with the lemons and lime perfectly. Your hello card is delightful, and the two scalloped ovals really highlight those clever flowers. I wouldn't have thought to turn lemon slices into flowers! Very clever. Thank you for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very refreshing and fun and awesome colors too! Thanks for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colorful cards make me want to have a tall glistening glass of lemonade and squeeze the most out of life, Theresa! Both your citrus-y designs are so fun! I love the embossing you added to your first card and the clever way you created the rare Citrus Slice Flower on your second card!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #24! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards made me smile ... such happy colors! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hello’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two cards full of vitamin C. :-) Great design on both and perfect transformation lemon slices to the flowers.
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute to make flowers from the lemon slices. So creative. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.

    kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a crisp and beautiful card. Love the layout and the colours, so very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!