Welcome! Not all cards are going to be perfect and my first attempts to use foil with a stencil were disappointing. But I continued to learn this technique and using the right foil made a difference. The card above was made for CAS Stencil Challenge - to use foil with stenciling. I used a portion of the GKD stencil called Snowflake Mandala with Deco Foil Transfer Gel on white cardstock to add red foil. I added the foiled image to a Red Velvet card base and attached die cuts also foiled with the red foil. The words were cut with Cheery Lynn dies.
Challenges:
CAS Stencil Challenge: Use Foil with Stencil
Christmas Kickstart Challenge: #28 Theme is color Red
I am sharing another card to show my first attempt at this technique. I used a portion of a Tim Holtz stencil called Lace Layering with Deco Foil Transfer Gel and used a laminator to add red foil. This was my first try at using my new Royal Sovereign laminator. (I finally broke down and bought one and am ready to learn how to enhance my cards with foil.) Trimmed the stenciled image and attached to Red Cardstock with a White card base. I stamped Hello with a Gina K Design stamp and heat embossed with White EP. Did this twice to make brighter. But the results were less than satisfactory. Part of the problem was that I used foil that was to be used with adhesives not a laminator.
This photo shows another attempt at using foil with a stencil but the foil did not transfer completely.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa




Third times Charm, Theresa. Love your beautiful stencil foiled CAS designed card. TFS your other 2 cards too, which were pretty too, but your third card takes the prize:-) Thank you for joining us at CAS Stencil. Hugs..Nancy
ReplyDeleteThird time lucky - your card looks lovely! Actually, your earlier attempts don't look too bad either, so I think it's going better than you think. Thanks for entering Christmas Kickstart again and sharing your creativity, Jo x
ReplyDeleteThis is SO pretty with the red foil Theresa - perfect for your lovely Christmas card! There does seem to always be a learning curve when trying a new technique! Thanks for joining us at CAS Stencil
ReplyDeleteBoth are so very beautiful. I love the red and white too!
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job trying out this new technique, Theresa! Both cards are really beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Stencil!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully CAS and gorgeous foiling. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Stencil challenge xx
ReplyDelete