Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Birthday Wishes

Hello!  You might have seen my post that showed a card using the Embossed Silhouette technique that I learned from Julie on Power Poppy's Inspire Me Monday.  I have created another card with the same technique using an older stamp from Marcella Hawley's Zinnia stamp set from Flourishes.  The zinnias were stamped with black ink and colored in with a multiliner pen to create a silhouette,  then I re-stamped the image with Versamark ink and heat embossed with White EP.   I used the current sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge to design my card.  I trimmed the edge of my stamped image with a  Martha Stewart punch and lined the punched edge with a strip of black cardstock. I attached it to a panel of white cardstock embossed with Cuttlebug Polka Dots EF and placed on a card base of Black CS.   I finished with a GKD birthday sentiment that I heat embossed.
Challenges:
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Anything Goes
The House That Stamps Built: Challenge F2620 Anything Goes
Retro Rubber Challenge: RRCB #129 Anything goes with stamps older than one year. The zinnia stamp is 9 years old.
Creative Confetti Challenge: Use a black and white accent on your card. Or give Julie's tutorial a try.  I did both since I used a black and white for my card following her tutorial.
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Challenge #543



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

13 comments:

  1. This looks stunning in black and white. Great combo of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Julie's post as well and thought it was a really great technique! Your card is beautiful and definitely inspires me to try the technique myself! Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very elegant card in black and white

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely black and white card design. Beautiful flowers image and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, classy and stunning in black and white. Thanks for joining up over at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this classy black n white card! So pretty! Thanks for playing along at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely Theresa!! Clean, classy with a bold pop of black. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a pretty technique and your card is stylish and elegant. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This came out so very gorgeous!! Elegantly simple! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the black and white here. it's so formal and beautiful.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    Hugs ~ LJ (TMS Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That is so beautiful. B/W is so classy! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! The black & white is just stunning!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  13. The image, the border, and the texture all work together so well. Wonderful card! We appreciate you playing along with us at Retro Rubber for anything goes.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!