Friday, October 4, 2019

Wild About You

Hello!  I came up with this card for some current challenges including Gina K Design Monthly Mix Challenge to focus on repeating a sentiment on your card and also Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge.  I used stamps from GKD Wild About You set that I had never used since I got it about a month ago.  I started out by stamping the sentiment 4 times on a ivory card stock panel with Distress Oxide Ink Walnut Stain. But then decided I wanted to add an image of a giraffe from the same set.  I did that by stamping the image on clear vellum with Memento Peanut Brittle ink and then heat embossed with clear EP.  I liked the way the giraffe looked on the vellum when I overlaid over my sentiment panel and attached it using Scotch Vellum Tape and wrapping the edges of the vellum around the panel.  I assembled the card following the sketch shown below using GKD Chocolate Brown CS and Patterned Paper from DCWV Safari Chic Matstack.  I die cut some of the wild animals from one of the patterned papers to use on the corners of the card.  I plan to give this card to my DH for our anniversary this month because I am wild about him.
Challenges:
Monthly Mix Challenge: October challenge is to focus on repeating a sentiment on your card.
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Sketch #523 by Andrea Whisman
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: October Always all about using Patterned Papers. 

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job spacing the repeated sentiment and I love your choice of papers. So glad you joined us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Your papers are perfect with your image!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card and I love how the sentiment is duplicated with the giraffe design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is adorable! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is awesome! Thanks for playing along in the October MMC over at Gina K. Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Pattern Paper Challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!