Thursday, August 29, 2019

Mixed Bouquet For You


Hello!  I have been playing with the  Inspiration Palette challenge at The House That Stamps Built which is a cross between a photo challenge and a color challenge.  I was attempting to use both the photo and colors in my card but I ended up using only 5 of the colors....somehow I thought there was pink in the palette but when posted this I realized it was orange instead.  But I think I still have enough elements for the card to qualify for the challenge.  I created the bouquet by combing 2 Repeat Impressions stamps-Sunflower and Tulip Bouquet- because I wanted a sunflower inspired by the photo.  I stamped the images with some masking involved using Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with  Copics.  I trimmed the image with a Spellbinders die and adhered to a Green Mat and then to a Layer of Pink CS(should have been orange) that was embossed with Cuttlebug Gingham EF. Attached this to a White card base.  Stamped a Gina K Design stamp to finish.   To complete the card I added some Clear Rhinestones that I colored with copics to match the flowers.  I also found the gem of a pink flower in my stash which I think was a great touch in the bouquet.  Added  a yellow glitter dome to the center of the flower.  
Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: Inspiration Palette Challenge A2119 shown below
Double D Challenges:  Pearls, Gems, Rhinestones. Used rhinestones and gems.
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says anything goes. 
As You Like It Challenge: Favorite way to add text. I like to add text with stamps especially using my Misti for best results.  Stamps are much quicker and easier for me and I can also heat emboss the sentiments.



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Gorgeous image (of course!) and fabulous embossed background! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Theresa. Gorgeous colours and stamp. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Theresa! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pearls, Gems or Rhinestones’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!