Friday, August 9, 2019

Fluttering By


Welcome!  Playing again with transferring colors from an inky paper towel.  I think the colors on the towel are DOI Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, and Squeezed Lemonade.  First I transferred some of the colors on to a panel of White CS.  I added some splatters of the Fired Brick with a GKD Stamp from Tiny Textures-have more control of splatters with the stamp.  I then transferred more color to a White CS and cut it with Memory Box die Pippi Butterfly.  I kept the pieces intact by adding Stick It paper to the back and inked the edges with red. I wanted the pattern of the paper towel to show so kept pieces together. Assembled the card with a GKD Faded Brick CS, the white panel and the Butterfly.  I stamped the Papers and Such sentiment with Fired Brick ink. 
My photo shows another die cut butterfly that I will use on another card. Stay tuned!
Challenges: 
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says add a Die Cut
CAS Mix Up Challenge: Paper Towel + Stamping + Your Choice (Die Cuts)
Outside the Box Memory Box Challenge: #52 Some Like It Hot. Used warm colors on Butterfy die cut with Pippi Butterfly.
AAA Cards: CAS Game #146 Made in Minutes Optional Summer Twist Summer


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty colour combination and the butterfly looks beautiful. Another great card with the fun technique Theresa. Thank you once again for joining in The CAS Mix Up Challenge with your fabulous card x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper towel did double duty to make this pretty background and the butterfly! So pretty, Theresa! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background and the pretty butterfly Theresa. Thanks for playing at CAS Mix Up this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gorgeous! Love those colours and the subtle paper towel background is perfect to show case the beautiful butterfly. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Theresa!! Love that you used the paper towel transfer for the background and for your butterfly. Love the bright and cheerful colours! And the extra butterfly is adorable too! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't imagine how much I love your card... after all, you're beautifully showcasing one of my most favorite little creatures!
    Gorgeous!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like what you did with the background behind the butterfly... so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!