Saturday, July 6, 2019

Patriotic Poppies

Hello!  I'm back! I took out time from making cards for a few months to work on some projects that I made with many of the photos in my files.  I created several videos to preserve the photos on DVD's that we have made on our trips to Captiva, in our gardens, and of other events the past few years.  
Now I am back to making cards and entering challenges.  Today I have a card made with Gina K Design stamps from Inspiring Poppies, a set that I have never used.  I inked the image with GKD Amalgan Black ink on white CS and colored with Red Copics.  I trimmed the image with an oval die and placed on a mat of GKD Red CS cut with a scalloped oval die....dies from Spellbinders.  Attached this to a white CS layer and a card base of GKD Navy CS.  Finished with a sentiment from the same set stamped in Memento Paris Dusk ink on a white circle layered with a Red Scalloped circle....circles cut with Spellbinders dies. Just for fun, I added a Navy Star Brad.  

Challenges:
Gina K Designs Monthly Mix Challenge: July "Flag, You're It". Use a flag’s colors on your creation. Chose Red, White, Blue for America's flag.  Poppies always remind me of our veterans. 
Die Cut Divas: July Challenge is anything goes with optional twist- Patriotic. 
Dies R Us Challenge: Challenge #124 - Anything Goes using dies by companies carried at the DRU Store. Used Spellbinder dies. 
The House That Stamps Built: DCC J319 Red, White, and Blue
Tuesday Morning Sketch: #510 Sketch.  Took liberties to use oval shapes instead of rectangle.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

8 comments:

  1. Elegant and simple. Just beautiful. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas. I would have left a comment anyway, because the card drew me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Theresa, glad you're back to making cards again!! I had totally forgotten that poppies were patriotic...I'll have to check that out more. Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh so pretty! I have never thought of patriotic poppies before but this works. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful!! I love the poppies!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring on this beautiful card Theresa! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful card with the pretty poppies! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love those pretty poppies! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty poppies -- I love the clean-and-simple design of your beautiful card! So happy you linked this up to the Red, White, and Blue Challenge over on THTSB.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!