Thursday, January 10, 2019

What's On the Menu?


Hello!  I have been trying to think of a card to design for the challenge -It's On the Menu - at Double D.  I first thought of a theme with coffee and cake but then I thought what would be on the menu at an Italian restaurant, maybe where they had a chalkboard menu and al fresco dining?  So I decided to create my card with a chalkboard theme featuring wine served with fresh figs and grapes.  It would be fun to be there on a warm day enjoying ordering from that menu.  I used a pattern paper from My Mine's Eye Chalk Studio pad with the text already printed.  I used a stamp from Flourishes "Dreaming of Florence" set by Marcella Hawley.  I heat embossed the image with White EP and then colored with pencils.  Added some Glossy Accents to the glass and decanter. Inked the edges of the Chalkboard with white ink from Hero Arts. Attached to a card base of Ivory CS.  I was pleased with how the colors came out on the dark paper. 

Challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: January always about using Patterned Paper
Double D Challenge: It's On the Menu. Inspired by the blackboard menu on the mood board.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Great job Theresa! Yes that sounds like a fun day to me too! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘What’s On The Menu’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the Mood Board. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.

    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. Love your colour choices and great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Celebration Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!