Saturday, November 10, 2018

Beary Christmas Wishes


Hello!  As you may know, I love Teddy Bears and love to make cards featuring them.  The challenge at The House That Stamps Built was right up "my alley" - the theme is Bear Hugs.   I made this Christmas card using Repeat Impressions stamp Bear Hug that I stamped on a white panel with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Chestnut EP.  Not sure why I did not just stamp with brown ink?  Anyway, I then colored with Copics and textured the bear fur on the larger one with a piece of terry cloth and Copic Colorless Blender ink. Made him a very fuzzy bear.  I heat embossed the stylized star (from a magazine freebie) and Repeat Impressions sentiment with Versamark ink and Gold EP.  Edged the image with Pilot Metallic Gold marker and placed on Red Velvet card base.
Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: DCC117 Bear Hugs
Retro Rubber: Challenge 99 Anything Goes. I have had the bear stamp since 2013 or maybe longer.




Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

5 comments:

  1. Love this sweet pair of Teddy Bears, beautifully colored, love the texture you added to the bears, what a great idea.
    Beautiful star and sentiment too.
    Thank you for playing along with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these bears are just adorable, love the elegant CAS feel to your card. Thanks for joining us over at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little image, I love your wee little bears...adorable Christmas card! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at Retro Rubber! I hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Love how you placed the little bears looking at the star! Never would have thought of this image for a Christmas card; but it really works! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet Christmas card you've created with that adorable RI stamp! Thanks so much for playing along in the Bear Hugs challenge over on The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!