Sunday, September 2, 2018

Colorful Birthday Card

Hello!  The challenge at The House That Stamps Built is a sketch this week (shown below).  To create a card, I used the Repeat Impressions Flower Power Background and stamped with Versamark ink on a white CS and heat embossed with  Gold EP.  I inked this with several Distress Oxide Inks creating a panel for my card and edged it with Pilot Gold Metallic Marker.  I used a water brush to fill in color in open spaces.  Since I do not have the individual flower stamps from the series, I isolated one of the flowers on the background stamp and stamped  3 times with Picked Raspberry ink and fussy cut the 3 flowers and added some gold embossing to each.  I arranged the panel, 3 flowers, and turquoise satin ribbons on a shimmery Yellow Pearl card base and stamped Happy Birthday with a portion of a RI Stamp using Peacock Feathers ink.  
Challenges:
What If? Wednesday Challenge: Sketch #A2918. Used Repeat Impressions stamps.
Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C 450 Make cards using any technique.  Use heat embossing and sponging techniques.
Just Us Girls Challenge: #456 Word Week Celebrate.  Celebrating a Birthday. 

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

3 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Love the colors. And what a genius idea to create the single blooms that way; I would never have guessed that they came from the background! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! I LOVE your take on the sketch challenge over at The House that Stamps Built! Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card using the soft colors. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!