Sunday, December 17, 2017

Pinks and Blues for Christmas

Welcome! Today I am using non-traditional colors with one of my favorite Power Poppy stamp set Poinsettia.  I love the combo of colors Distress Oxide inks Worn Lipstick, Peacock Feathers, and Peeled Paint that I used to water color the image with a water brush.  Used Versamark and Gold EP to stamp both the image and sentiment.  Inked the edge of the white layer with a Gold Pilot Marker and adhered to turquoise mat and pink card base. 
Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: Non-Traditional Christmas Colors
Addicted To Stamps: #159 Seasons Greetings
CAS Watercolour Challenge: December Challenge Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers: December Watercolor Challenge Anything Goes with Optional Twist Christmas

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous card, I love the soft muted colours of your watercolour Christmas bouquet. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely soft poinsettia done in the muted colors. The image alone is gorgeous, but done in this way....outstanding. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Mod Squad Challenge with week. So glad that you did. Merry Christmas to you and good luck.
    Barbara Challenge host and DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and soft colours for your pretty poinsettia spray, Theresa! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful watercolouring in lovely colours! Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so refreshing to see a poinsettia with non-traditional colors, Theresa! Your soft oxide ink watercolouring is beautiful and I love that you inked the edge of the white layer with a gold marker. I thought you used a gold foil panel at first! Hideko :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful pink poinsettia, Theresa! What a pretty non-traditional Christmas card! Merry Christmas and thank for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful image and I love the soft, non-traditional colours.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!