Monday, August 24, 2015

Sunny Day with Sunflowers

 
Welcome to the studio!  Today I have been playing with Power Poppy new Sunflower digital image and created a bouquet of  sunflowers  using Photoshop.  This is kind of like using the masking technique with stamps but I layered and grouped the sunflowers digitally and printed as one image.  I am showing the stamp from Power Poppy below which shows the single sunflower that I used.  To be able to alter and change digital images is one of the benefits of using Digis.
After printing the image on white CS, I colored with Copics Y13,17,38,E34,37,97, YG 03,63,9,95. I framed this with a Layer of GKD Fresh Asparagus CS to which I made an opening with an Oval die.  This was embossed with Cuttlebug EF Anna Griffin Acanthus.  I used this EF because I think the embossed design has a vintage feel.  I sponged the image and embossed surface with Distress Ink Antique  Linen to also add to the aged look that I was going for. I used a card base of rust/brown CS. The sentiment from Power Poppy Summer Harvest was heat embossed on clear vellum with Wow Chestnut EP and attached with vellum tape. 
 
Challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room:  The challenge for Week #258 ABC-123 is to make a card inspired by the photo on the right.   I was inspired by the sunflowers and colors.  To tie in with the title of the challenge, I used 1-2-3 Sunflowers in my design.
Power Poppy: Power & Spark Challenge is Shabby & Chic.  I used sponging with distress inks and embossing that gave this card some shabbiness and I think the Sunflowers are so Chic, don't you. 






Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Great fall feeling creation and the flowers look wonderful. Thanks for playing in our Chic and Shabby challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful. I am enjoying the lovely sunflowers on the embossed background - so pretty! Thanks for sharing at The Shabby Tea Room and hope to see you again soon.
    Amelia (The Shabby Tea Room Design Team)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!