Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pine Cones, Greens, and Ribbon (2 versions)

Original card
 
Card Reworked
 
Hello!  I have another Holiday Card to add to my stash.  I will be entering this into several challenges.  I have not really decided if I like this card since I saw it  posted.  Maybe the water coloring of the pine cone panel is too much. 
Note: I redid the card and added some cut out pine boughs to replace the stamped image.  I am showing both for comparison.
 
Challenges:
Merry Monday Christmas: Use Pine cones and greens with plaid ribbon. Graphic below.
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Sketch shown below. Twist is to use water coloring. Panel and pine cone done water coloring with distress inks.
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge: Use fussy cutting. Used scissors to cut out stamped image. Top card.
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Theme is Spots/Dots
Addicted to Stamps and More: Holiday Theme
 
Supplies:
Stamps: MFP Stamps
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Antique Linen
Markers: Memento Bamboo Leaves, Northern Pine
Copics: E43,44,47,49
Papers: Ivory CS, Watercolor Paper, American Crafts Patterns from Kringle & CO Pad
Brown and Plaid Ribbon
Glossy Accents
Pine Die Cuts

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

13 comments:

  1. I like the stamped pine and the cutout pine branches too! Thanks for sharing these with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards. The pine boughs are a showstopper! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the added pine boughs! So pretty!
    Thanks for playing this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing both versions. It's amazing how a seemingly little change makes such a difference! Fabulous cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Christmas card! The watercolored panel looks great! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Hope you come back and play again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are very pretty, Theresa! Love the diecut pine branches and the plaid ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are lovely, Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Merry Monday challenge was a tough one for me! I happen to love the watercoloured pine cone - I think it's just perfect! Both versions are fabulous. Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the contrast of the watercolored pine cone and the die-cut pine sprigs. The plaid ribbon is really pretty! Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great versions of your festive cards! Thanks for joining in at Merry Monday and Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards, Theresa! Love that you've showed two versions. Great to be adding to at holiday stash at this time of year :) So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely combination of techniques, love the watercoloured pine cone. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!