Summer is coming to an end soon but the dragonflies are still in the garden. The ones that we have are a beautiful iridescent blue and green that I have tried to capture on my card. I had forgotten this PSX stamp until I saw my friend Joy's Dragonfly card on her blog here and I pulled out the stamp to play with. I also was inspired by this week's challenge at Just Us Girls to use blues and greens. I colored the image with Glaze pens .....which gave a very shiny finish. Added some doodling with the black glaze pen. Added Pear Tart coloring to the edge of the image and looped edge ribbon to finish. I thought the pattern paper was a perfect combo.
Challenges:
Just Us Girls: Blues, Greens and any Neutrals
Simon Wednesday: Simon says Summer
CAS-Colours and Sketches: Sketch Challenge #87
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes
Supplies:
Stamps: PSX Dragonfly (from 2000), Repeat Impressions Sentiment
Inks: Versamark, Memento Pear Tart Pad and Marker, Summer Sky
Glaze Pens: Blue, Greens, Black....wish the glossiness showed better in photoPapers: White, Black CS, Kathy Davis Journeys Paper Pad
Black Embossing Powder
Ribbon
Enjoy this summer day!
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa


Delightful creation, very nicely executed and presented! Thanks for visiting us here at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit!
ReplyDeleteHugz,
Chana, Owner
Thanks for playing along this week at CC&S - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx
ReplyDeleteTruly fabulous! I love your coloring of the dragonfly! So refreshing and summery! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Summer Challenge!
ReplyDeleteThis is a stunning card. I love the look of the glaze pens on the image. Great match between the image and paper.
ReplyDeleteGreat job with the color challenge.....love the dragonflies! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!
ReplyDeleteOh, Theresa! I love your blue and green dragonfly. I think I might have that PSX stamp somewhere around here. Thanks for the shoutout!
ReplyDeleteWonderful card - beautiful coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!
ReplyDeleteThat dragonfly is beautiful, so perfect for our color challenge! Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!
ReplyDeleteAwesome bg coloring with the image! Thanks for joining in with JUGS~
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and B.paper-gorgeous image and great colouring-we have had a beautiful large blue/green dragonfly in the garden this after-noon despite it being cold!--thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
ReplyDeleteCarol DT x
I really like the cool blue and green color scheme here! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!
ReplyDelete