Friday, April 11, 2014
Spring Brings Flowers
Second Post today.....
This card was made with some of my first GKD stamps which I still love to stamp. Spring always brings beautiful blooms and colors which I look forward to each time. I made this card to cover 5 challenges which are listed below. I used a GKD grass green card base and layered with my own created designer paper- white paper stamped with a GKD script stamp from Botanicals in Memento Bamboo Leaves ink. I partially stamped the iris stamp from Elegant Flowers in Versamark on 3 rectangles cut with Spellbinders die and heat embossed with Clear EP. I colored the images with bright color Memento Markers Lulu Lavender, Rose Bud, Cantaloupe, Dandelion, and Bamboo Leaves. I matted each on Grass Green mats and attached to the card. I finished with a sentiment of Easter Blessings from GKD Spring Florals on a cut oval of white CS matted on a scalloped oval of the green paper. I used the sketch shown above from Tuesday Morning Sketches but forgot to use this week's twist so I am not entering their challenge.
Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: Spring into Spring-create a spring themed card using at least 3 bright spring colors and your stamps to make your own designer paper.
Simon Says: Happy Easter and/or Sweet Treats
Papertake Weekly: Spring has Sprung
Craft Your Passion: No Designer Papers
Stamp TV Mix It Up Monday: Create a project using one image stamped 3 times.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Challenges,
Die Cut,
Easter,
GKD Stamps,
Spring
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love this card, Theresa! I don't have any GKD stamps; but I do love their flower stamps so much. Your coloring ins so nicely done, as usual!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a gorgeous card!
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful, Theresa!
ReplyDeleteCute card, love the colors and the layout together.
ReplyDelete