Welcome! Today I am showing a card made with the negative of a die cut , actually 2 negatives, one in red and one in white both left after cutting with Spellbinders Label 4 dies. Often when I am cutting a die, I try to remember to center the die on a large enough piece of cardstock so what is left can be used as a frame. etc. I embossed the white negative with Cuttlebug EF Snowflakes and layered on the red negative to frame my image. The image was stamped with an old PSX Village Stamp in Memento Tuxedo ink and colored with Memento markers. I added Stickles Frosted Lace and Crystals to the trees in the simply colored village. I finished with a printed sentiment from Heartfelt Creations Christmas Collection (from Joan's Gardens). I added 2 layered Snowflakes cut with Sizzix Die.
This card was made for Joan's Gardens Challenge to use Red, White and a hint of Green, use the negative of a die cut, use snowflakes (any kind works), and you must use
a product sold at Joan's Gardens. Joan also sells Memento inks, Sizzix dies as well as Heartfelt Creations products.
Other Challenges:
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: Theme is Winter Wonderland
Charisma Cardz Challenge: Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: Traditional Christmas Colors
The House That Stamps Built: DCC116 Snow Fun
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Theme is Outdoors
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Extra Challenge: Anything Goes for Christmas
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday: Negative Energy - I used 2 negative die cuts.
Craft a Scene: Trees, Trees, Trees
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you.
Theresa
Monday, November 11, 2013
Christmas Village
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Christmas,
Die Cut,
Dry Embossing,
PSX Stamp,
Snowflakes,
Winter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Theresa, this is beautiful. I love it! Pretty scene too. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com
Beautiful! I was just playing with those dies and cut out some frames with a couple of sizes. Still haven't made an actual card with them though. :-)
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to stop in and tell you I loved your card for the Christmas Card challenge...great idea to cut from the center to use the negative as a frame. Great idea!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous. Love the bit of shimmer.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky
Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap
beautiful winter/christmas feeling scene.
ReplyDeletebeautiful stamp!
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings
A beautiful scene, and Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.
ReplyDeleteSue x
Beautiful scene for CHNC challenges and CCAYR 'winter wonderland' - hope to see more of your lovely Christmas crafting soon. x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous traditional Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your win at Joan's Garden. What a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the win, I love the cards, it's such a pretty scene.
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous winter scene! I like the die cut idea. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.
ReplyDeletePia/DT
I really enjoyed looking at this card. I try to use the negatives up too and even cut a shape out of a backing paper if it is being covered by one in front. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Hazelnuts Extra this month. Hugs Mrs A. (GDT).
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful scene for a Christmas card. Love the hint of green. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards all Year Round. Stop in tomorrow for the new challenge.
ReplyDelete