At Craft a Scene this month the challenge is to create a scene
from "inside the garden". Some of my favorites things to do are garden and make cards with flowers and nature themes. So I loved seeing this as the theme at Craft a Scene which is becoming a favorite challenge blog. For my scene, I used a very old stamp...not sure how old ...from Stamps Happen by D. Morgan called "Time Changes Many Things"....."But not the joy of your Friendship"is the rest of the text on the stamp. After stamping with Versafine Onyx Black on white CS, I colored with Koh-I-Noor Pencils and Memento Markers. As you can see I used a lot of colors but kept the layout simple. I trimmed the image rounding the top 2 corners and attached to a Textured Green Card Base. This scene was a bit of a challenge to color.
How does your garden grow? My flowers are welcoming the cooler temps.
Thanks for dropping by. I welcome all comments. Theresa
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Chair inside the Garden
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Challenges,
Garden,
Markers,
Pencils,
Scenes,
Stamps Happen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Theresa, this is exquisite! I love D.Morgan....I have several of her framed prints on my walls, lol! I knew before I read your post that it was a D.Morgan stamp...all of her work is very distinguishable...great job on the coloring!
ReplyDeleteyou have done an amazing job!!! This is absolutley gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteD.Morgan is one of my fave artists, she did a signing I went to in the early 90's where she put our name on the mailbox of a print that I bought, love it. I have a few of her stamps and haven't used those in ions, may have to get them out. Thanks for the inspiration, I will never color mine as beautifully as you did this. It is simply gorgeous.
ReplyDeletehugs....
Gorgeous garden scene, Theresa! Love the image!
ReplyDeleteGood job!
ReplyDeleteI too found this scene a lot of work, but worth it I think!
Theresa this is really fantastic!
ReplyDeleteLove your card
Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene.
Nadia
What an awesome image... totally love your card!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful scene and your coloring definitely brings it to life.
ReplyDeleteShelby
Lovely work Theresa! This is such a great stamp and your coloring is perfect. Thanks for joining us again at Craft a Scene. NancyD
ReplyDeleteLovely card! That stamp is so pretty and you coloured it so well. Thank you for joining us at Craft a Scene!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Card love how you colored it:)
ReplyDelete