Thursday, July 14, 2016

Sponging Birthday Wishes


Welcome!  I am not very good with color challenges but I like the challenge at Color Throwdown  and just had to give it a try.  I am not too fond of purple but it goes very well with the other chosen colors.  I was very inspired by the DT card by Lori  and I guess you would say I CASE'd it.  Hope she does not mind.   I sponged SU Lovely Lilac, Rose Red, Regal Rose, and Creamy Caramel  which seemed to match up close to the colors to use.   I used water color paper and was pleased with the outcome of the sponging and the subtle texture.  I stamped  GKD stamps from Wild Blossom set which I had been anxious to use. Inked with Memento Tuxedo Black and heat embossed with clear EP.

Challenges:
Color Throwdown: #401 Use dark pink, burgundy, pale peach and purple.
Just Us Girls Challenge: Trend Week #351 Sponging.  I sponged 4 colors on water color paper as background for silhouette stamping.
Simon Monday Challenge: Use Flora and/or Fauna. Chose to use Flora.




Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Lovely sponged background...reminds me of a beautiful sunset! So glad you chose to join us at Color Throwdown!

Nancy said...

I love your sponged background Theresa, which turned into a beautiful card! So glad to see you again in our gallery at Just Us Girls!

Heidi Stamps said...

Gorgeous background and what a pretty stamp!

Emma Williams said...

What a glorious background and such a beautiful card! Thank you so much for playing along with us and for sharing your project over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful!! I struggle with purple too! You did good!, so glad you joined us at CTD!

AmyR said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown challenge! :) :) :)