Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thoughts of Spring

 
Hello!  It is a cool and cloudy day in Florida so I took time to create a card for some challenges.  Have you seen that Joan (former owner of Joan's Gardens) of Joan's Touch is having  challenges on her blog?  This week the new owner of Joan's Gardens is offering a prize. Check it out here.
This week Joan has asked us to use 3 flowers , vintage colors, something for texture like mesh or tulle,  and a product sold at Joan's Gardens.  I had all the elements covered but the mesh or tulle and then remembered that I had a bag of potatoes in mesh packaging and it was a perfect color as well.  So I began my card.  The flowers were made using Susan's Gardens Dogwood dies made by Sizzix that I received from Joan's Gardens. I used white and green cs for the Dogwood Flowers and shaped with flower tools by Susan's Gardens also from Joan's Gardens.  I assembled the card with a base of GKD ivory cs , layered with floral pattern paper, then a layer of script pattern paper, pieces of mesh,  the dogwoods with some of the mesh layered underneath.  The patterns are all Graphics 45 Paper Pads. I finished the card with a coral Grosgrain ribbon highlighting the sentiment stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on a rectangle from the Pattern Paper which was printed with the word Thoughts. The stamp from Flourishes Flowers for Jan Set reads "There is no charm equal to tenderness of the heart."   I loved the way this card came together with the vintage colored pattern papers and the lovely words and the final touch of the colored pearls.
 
Challenges:
Joan's Touch: Use 3 flowers , vintage colors, something for texture like mesh or tulle,  and a product sold at Joan's Gardens.  Susan's Garden Products and Graphics 45 Paper from Joan's Gardens.
Mod Squad Challenge: Thinking of  Spring....Dogwood always bring thoughts of spring.
Party Time Tuesday: Anything Goes
Simon Says: Anything Goes with Pearls
  
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

12 comments:

Olga said...

I love your card!!!!! Those flowers are fantastic!!

Terri Urban said...

Theresa, beautiful card. Your flowers look like they were just picked from the tree. Great job.
Oh how I love your idea for texture.
Great idea.
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous...what awesome flowers on your card too.

Mrs. Swandog said...

What a beautiful card...Love, love your flowers! And Graphics 45 my favorite!

Lee said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love the beautiful flowers! Thank you so much for playing with us at Mod Squad!

catdidit said...

Oh so gorgeous! From those dogwoods to the mesh, it jsut all works together, love it! Thanks for playing along in the Mod Squad challenge this week!

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous card. I love all the elements. I have ordered the dogwood and the tool kit from Susan's gardens and I can't wait until I get them after seeing how beautiful they are on your card.

Sharon Underwood said...

Saw this beautiful card on Mod Squad and had to comment! Love those white flowers with the mesh behind them. Great idea! The vintage colors are awesome on this card.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Theresa, I love the pretty flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Patti P. said...

This is stunning, love your papers and those flowers, wow! I love Dogwoods and these look so very real. Good luck in the challenge.

Pssequimages said...

Just absolutely gorgeous, Theresa. Congratulations on your win!

Olga Moore said...

I'm a little behind but wanted to be sure to tell you CONGRATULATIONS! Your card is just beautiful! Enjoy your winnings.