Sunday, June 12, 2011

Moonscape


I have made several cards with the Paper Cupcakes image "Beached Boat" by Nina and it is one of my husband's favorites.  I wondered if I could make a moonscape using this image and set about to do so. After printing the digital image on white CS, I colored it using Copics C1,3,9, BV 23,25,29, and W1 leaving the sky blank. I then used a versamark pen on all the design including the bird and embossed with clear EP. I then stamped in some "sea grass" with versamark using an Annabelle stamp from "All Things Grow". I heat embossed the grass with Black EP.
I cut a circle with Nesties die and used it as a mask over the boat and sponged in the sky with Memento Paris Dusk and SU Night of Navy. Sponged some Memento Tuxedo Black around edges of sky. Removed mask and sponged some streaks of blue over the moon. I trimmed the scene and placed on a Silver Metallic mat and on to a card base of Black CS. Added some metallic stars from some confetti that I had. Stamped the GKD Sentiment "Happy Father's Day" with versamark on white CS and heat embossed with Silver EP. Sponged with the blue inks and then cut with Nesties small oval die. This finished my Moonscape Father's Day card. This was a card that I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I was pleased with the first try. Next time, I will try to improve the sponging of the sky. When I finished, I realized that this will meet several challenges out there this week.

Challenges:
There's Magic in The Air: This was the challenge that I had in mind as I worked. The challenge was to make anything male/masculine in a card. Of course I used the Paper Cupcakes image.
Cards For Men: Blue and Black is the color combo. Just happens that I used those colors.
Annabelle Stamps: Say it with Masking and Sponging...must have been thinking of this challenges as I worked. Did not start out as an entry for this challenge but certainly fits. Even used an Annabelle stamp.
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Digital Tuesday: In the garden or outdoors.
Alphabet Challenge: F is for Father's Day.
PaperPlay Challenge: Father's Day/Male card.
Delightful Challenges:  Father's Day
One Stop Craft Challenge: Father's Day
Crazy 4 Challenges: Make a masculine card.
Saturday Secret Crafter Challenge: Make a male card.
Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle Saturday: Theme is Father's Day
Sentimental Sunday: Father's Day or Masculine Card with a sentiment.
Stamptacular Sunday: Challenge is Dads or Grads.

It took me longer to list the challenges than it did to make the card.
This was a difficult card to photograph...so many reflections...this was the best I could do after several tries.
It is really better in real life, trust me.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

28 comments:

Olga said...

you always make me smile, I love your comment about it taking longer to list than to make LOL, your card is priceless! I love how you did the moon!!!!

Joanna K (aka Asia K) said...

Fabulous Father's Day card! I love the stamping and the moon looks amazing ;). Thank you for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays ;)

The Other Patti Sue said...

I bet it's awesome IRL... it's gorgeous here !Love the scene you've created.

Sandy said...

Great use of this technique, and perfect Paper Cupcakes image for this challenge. Well done. Thanks for joining us at There's Magic in the Air this week.

Payne Holler Cards said...

thud - another stunner! you made me smile - our posting does seem like it takes forever (-:

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

Just beautiful Theresa! This is a perfect image for a male card!
Thanks for sharing it with us this week :)
Andrea

HandmadebyTLC said...

With all the technique put into this card, I'm sure the picture doesn't do it justice! I would love to learn 1/2 of what you have in this card. Stunning technique use. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays and good luc
HUGS
Tammy Louise

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh WOW!!! This is just stunning, really love the scene you have made. The sky looks just perfect!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, Good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Sonia said...

Hi Theresa
Absolutely beautiful card! Great Job!
Thanks for joining us at ALPHABET Challenge Blog
Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

happyglitzygirl said...

Beautiful card, lots of detail, thanks so much for playing with us at the Alphabet challenge, blessings Hilde

Linda said...

Absolutely stunning!

Tussemaja said...

WOW. I just love the moonscape that you have done. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men - Tussemaja.

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous masculine card, thank you so much for sharing with us at the SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

Katina said...

Hi Theresa, such a perfect father's day card! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly and good luck!

Karen said...

Oh WOW that looks so awesome:-) I love the scene you have created:-) Thanks so much for playing at Paper Play this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Male Card" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Sue Kohler said...

Pure brilliance Theresa!! You have created an absolute stunner in this one, loving the colour scheme!
Thanks for sharing at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

Anita said...

Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Trish and Treasure said...

Fantastic card!

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!! This is beautiful!!!!

Janet O'Brien said...

this is a fantastic masculine card - I can understand why your husband likes it! hope to see you at future Annabelle challenges.

Kylie said...

WOW,
Your card is AWESOME!!!
Love, love, love your design and the colours and your night scene is just WOW, I'm in LOVE lol!
AWESOME job, perfect card for Father's Day!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take care,
Kylie X

Tameko said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Jen said...

i love this... perfect
Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men this week
Jen xxx

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Gry said...

Beautiful card! Love that scene you have used, it is so well coloured!
Thanks for joining SSC at our Dads or Grads Challenge!
Hugs Gry

Ann English said...

This card is stunning! I love it!
Thank you for joining the fun at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Sue W said...

Stunning Theresa!!!!