Monday, November 15, 2010

Window Card for Joan


At Joan's Gardens this week,  Joan challenged us:
1. Create a Window card (Create an opening on the front of the card to see the image stamped inside.)
2. Use Christmas Ornament - or something similar.
3. Something Gold...Gold CS and gold on bow
4. Something fuzzy....bow of velvet ribbon edged with gold
I created my opening in the window card with Spellbinders Blossom dies and cut the ornament from gold CS using a Cuttlebug die.  First cut the opening on the front of red card base and outlined opening with Pilot Gold Marker pen. Cut Gold CS for front of card, embossed with Cuttlebug EF Divine Swirls,  and cut opening with a larger Blossom die than the first. After cutting the ornament, I stamped sentiment with versamark and embossed with red EP. Added ribbon for "hanging" and attached with dimensionals. I think it took longer to get the bow on the front made to my satisfaction than the time for the whole card.
Sentiment and Card stock from GKD.

I have not made many window cards but liked the way this came out. I have another one for Joan that I will be posting later. Started that one but did not like how it was looking but I did go back and finished after some changes. Stay tune for the results.
Other challenges to enter:
Annabelle Stamps Blog: Say it in gold.

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

5 comments:

Patti J said...

Oooh....SO pretty!!! This is classy, elegant, rich, and so many other things come to mind. I think you rocked this challenge - Joan will have to love it!!! Hugs!

Joan Fricker said...

This card is beautiful!!! I love everything about it. Great colors and pretty bow too! Perfect card for Christmas!

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #23 Weekly Challenge. I just love all the different ideas!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Patti said...

I love how this turned out too.... so elegant with the red velvet and gold. I'm on your Christmas card list right? LOL!

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

Another beautiful card Theresa! I LOVE the cut out section and hanging ornament!
Thanks for playing along with us :)
Andrea

Kylie said...

Another beautiful card Theresa!
LOVE gold and red together and loving your window too!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X