Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dog Gone It ..I've Got Copics

Hurray! I've got my first Copics....have to practice and learn how to use but thought I'd give it a try in this card. The dog did not seem to mind being a guinea pig. Inspired by a few challenges for this one:
Sentimental Sundays: Card for Men (plus a sentiment)
Cards For Men: Recipe for card-1 image, 2 papers, 3 embellishments
                        Is that 3 embellies or 3 types embellies?
Cupcake Craft Challenges:  Catherine chose theme of Cats and Dogs
Going Grey with Scrap Creations: Challenge is to use at least 3 embellishments, and of course Basic Grey paper. Again, is that 3 embellies or 3 types embellies?
Limelight Papercrafts: Use their sketch shown to the right and try to incorporate some RHINESTONES or GEMS!! I like the sketch from Limelight but rhinestones did not fit into my MAN card.

I printed the dog image and yes, I colored it with COPICS!
I cut the image out with a circle die and edged with distress ink. I printed the sentiment on the computer using a digital sentiment from Raindrops Echo Designs, a freebie last week on Sentimental Sunday. I used 3 papers from Basic Grey for the layout- a stripe, a print, and a distressed solid. Played it safe and used 3 different types of embellishments. Added a bone ribbon and 3 brads. For the 3rd embellishment, I made my own bone cutting it out of brown CS and covering it with Matte Accents. Attached with pop up dots. Isn' t this a dog gone cute card!!
Also going to enter into:
Stamp TV Color Challenge: Carla's  challenge is to use aqua and red and if you need to add a little bit of an accent color or a neutral, go for it. This card  may be stretching it for this challenge but colors are mostly red with aqua and rest are all neutral colors???
Speedy Cat's Friends Challenge: Claudine's challenge is to make a masculine card.

Digital Image: Digital Doodle Shop Ragga Mutts "Stanley"
Digital Sentiment: Raindrop Echo Designs
Papers: Basic Grey "Max & Whiskers"
Copics: E31, 39, 49, 55, 59, B01, R29, C3
Black Jelli Pen for Highlights
Basic Grey Brads

My DH helped with the choice of papers and the choice of colors for the dog. He even searched out some photos of hounds for reference.  I have never been around dogs that much but he had dogs as pets and even used to be in the dog food business .  Let me know how you like my doggie.
Thanks, Theresa

19 comments:

Betty Benton said...

I'm still a Copic holdout but you go, girl!! You should have let a guinea pig be the guinea pig!! A fabulous job for your first copic project!

Nannieflash said...

Oh my thats a beautiful card, and stunning colouring. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Sue W said...

Lovely colouring Theresa! Loe this layout and the fun card you've made with it!

Liz Williams said...

A spectacular layout, and what fun paper. Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends this week.

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful coloring!
Congrats on getting some copic's!

Catherine said...

What a terrific card Theresa ! I love your papers, they are so cool, and the embellishments are great ! Love it ! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week and good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Patti said...

Your doggie is perfection! You did absolutely wonderful with your copics... don't you love them?

Julia Aston said...

Great job coloring your cute bassett! My son has two of them and he'd love this image! Great sentiment too! thanks for playing with Speedy this week Theresa!

Karen B. said...

I think your dog is fabulous! I wish that I could be that good when I have my first go at Copics! Wonderful take on the sketch, and cute papers.

Peggy said...

I love dog cards. You are going to love the Copics. Great job for your first card. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Faye said...

This hound made me think of the Dukes of Hazard! Fab card! Thanks for playing at Cupcake with us. x

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays challenge.

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Jacki Randolph said...

Too Cute!!! What a fun layout! Thanks for playing along at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Vicki Dutcher said...

GREAT first attempt. They are fun that's for sure! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Mandy said...

WOW! What a great card made with Max & Whiskers!! So adorable! And no problem about the rhinestones! :)

Alison said...

Great card- Fab colours! Thanks for playing along with the challenge at Cards for Men. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs, Alison x

Dawn Mercedes said...

Fun layout!

Nice job on the Speedy Cat's Fiends Challenge!

Kristen said...

Great card! I Love the sketch and the papers you used! Thanks for playing in this weeks challenge at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

lynn said...

this is one adorable card!-congrats on your win at limelight:)