Friday, July 30, 2010

Card Made With Love

One Layer Wednesday Challenge is  make a square card and use an outline stamp. I love these challenges ---they may seem very simple but it does take some thought and planning to execute. I inked up an old PSX stamp "Hydrangea" with markers and carefully place on the 5" square card. I do hope this is considered an outline stamp even if it has some details. I then embossed the sentiment along the side and inked the raised edges.
This card will also be entered into Theresa's challenge over at Stamp TV: to stamp an image sideways, upside down, or at a different angle than normal.
Stamp: PSX "Hydrangea"
Markers: Marvy Ultramarine
               Memento Bamboo Leaves
Ink: SU Always Artichoke and Brilliant Blue
Cuttlebug:  EF "With Love"-used for sentiment

I do not make too many 5" square cards but this stamp looks best on a larger size than A2.
Now I have to make an envelope.
Have a good day!
Theresa

7 comments:

Patti said...

I'm sure your envelope will be just as pretty as your card!

Olga said...

How clever to use pens to color the stamp! Haven't done that in awhile. I love your card!!

Susan said...

Beautiful stamp! LOVE the card...and the colors are gorgeous!!!

mustavcoffee said...

Love this card, I haven't used this technique for a while either but I think I'll have to use it again yours is very successful :) xx

Payne Holler Cards said...

forgot all about this technique! this is a beauty!!

Carol said...

So many of those old PSX stamps are just so classic! And, you did a beautiful job of inking it up! Great card!

Pauline said...

WOW!! |What a gorgeous card. I really like the colours used here. Well done :o)