Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TMITA Challenge

Sue  brings us this weeks challenge from There's Magic In The Air. She wants us to use the image called "Easter Lilies" by Paper Cupcakes that is free this week here and to make a card to showcase this beautiful image how ever you like! Thanks for this lovely challenge and the image.

My inspiration for this card came from day lilies that I have in my garden. They are lilies with multiple layers of petals. Shown is a picture from last year that I used for my coloring guideline.
I printed the image twice and colored both (flowers only on one copy) with pencils and OMS. I trimmed the image to 3"x3" and cut the flowers from the second image and placed indirectly over the first image using pop up dots to create dimension and to appear as lilies with multiple petals.  Since I could not find a DP that I liked, I created my own by embossing green CS with CB Victoria EF and then highlighted the raised area with orange ink using a pod. I matted this with an orange CS with a narrow edge showing and attached to the card base of yellow. Attached image to card. Finished with ribbon and a bow tied with Bow Easy. I decided not to use a sentiment on the front so that the card is versatile for any occasion. I really like the end results.
Image: Paper Cupcakes- "Easter Lilies"
Paper: Brazzil Green, Yellow and White from Stash
Ink: SU Only Orange

Thanks for looking at my lilies.  Hope you like the card.
Theresa

6 comments:

Sue W said...

Wonderful card Theresa!!! You've coloured the lilies so well and by popping up the second layer you've made what is a great image...really jump of the page~~~ I like how you use your embossing folders with some colour and it certainly suites this card. Love the ribbon too!
Good luck in our TMITA challenge this week and thanks for sharing this beauty.x

Annika said...

You make truly gorgeous cards! I admired your colouring on those lilies for a long time! And I'd love to know where did you get that ribbon, it,s sooo yummy!

Patti said...

I like how it turned out too! Love the layers and they are colored perfectly... look just like your picture! Thanks for playing along with us again at TMITA/PCC!

Patti P. said...

Love this card.. the layers are so nice and I love the colors. Love daylilies and your real on is beautiful.

Nilla said...

Fabulous card, love the 3D effect and your coloring! Thanks for playing with us at TMITA/PCC! Hugs Nilla

Kim said...

WOW! So gorgeous!! Fab coloring too! Thanks for playing along with us again this week at TMITA/PCC!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!