Friday, March 19, 2010

So Good to Make a Real Card with Paper!!

We are back at home after 6 weeks on Captiva Island.  I had my cast removed yesterday and am now wearing a brace. Since I am back home in my studio, I decided to try to make a PAPER card for the challenge at TMITA. But I still cannot use my right hand very well. Have to take some therapy to get it back to normal.
This week's TMITA challenge is brought to us by Kim McDonald. She would like to see us use the "Bunny Cupcake" image by Paper Cupcakes and to make any "non-traditional" style card (e.g., free standing pop up, joy fold, tri-shutter, etc).  After seeing Sue's card, I decided to make a spring card which I have never made but thought I could cut and fold easily enough. I sized the Bunny Cupcake image and colored with Photoshop since I still cannot color in the lines with my hand. I added the pink circle and sentiment to the image with PS and printed it out on white cardstock. I cut this out using a nesties circle and cut a mat of green with nesties scalloped circles. At least I can use my nesties. Yeah!!! Added some glaze to the bunny's face and text. I cut my card of DP (printed on computer) to  10"x5" and scored and trimmed to make the swing card. Added the image with some dimensionals and added some bling.
Whoopee!!! I made a card using more than Photoshop...first time in 8 weeks!!
Thanks for dropping by for a visit.
Theresa

7 comments:

Laura said...

YEAH for paper cards!!! Glad things are getting better for you. (hugs)

craftieodamae said...

Welcome back dear friend! Your card is out of this world! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week. Hugs, Olga

Sue W said...

Yeah......she's back!!!! So good to see a 'paper card' but only because that means your wrist is healed!!! Still love your digi cards...you know that!
This is a beauty love the dp you used ans the gems across the front perfect!! Thanks for joining in this week.....looking forward to your card for next week too.

Betty Benton said...

Hooray!! A paper card for Theresa!! Can you hear us all cheering?? So glad for steps forward!

Patti said...

Yea... happy dance! So happy to have you back! Your card is adorable! It's amazing how much you can do with a bum hand!Thanks for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!

Nina said...

oh the things we take for granted! So glad to hear your cast are off, but we all know how much more work for your healing is ahead! Your paper card is soo pretty and smart coloring it with photoshop, because I can imagine your coloring skills will come back slowly as your continue to use them. This turned out really pretty and and feels so springy! I still need to give this type card a go! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Nilla said...

Still you make this fabulous card, well done! Thanks for joining us TMITA/PCC! Hugs Nilla