Wednesday, June 22, 2022

The Beach Life



Hello on this very hot day in Ohio where the temperatures are in the nineties and it is very humid.  This would be a great day to be at the beach but instead I made card with a beach theme.  I created the card using some old stamps from a Flourishes set called Beach Life. I used 3 stamps with masking to create a scene on white cardstock and colored with Copics.  Added some dry embossing to the sky and some brown brads (Coconuts) to the palm trees for texture. Finished with an appropriate sentiment from my stash of stamps.  Other Supplies: Blue and Kraft Cardstock, Memento Rich Cocoa, Toffee Crunch, Summer Sky Inks, Darice EF Clouds, White Gel Pen for waves. 
Challenges:
Double D Challenges: Beach Time. Took inspiration from the mood board. 







Make the Cards Challenge: #57 Any Shade of Blue











Make My Monday: #177 Coloring -Any Medium. Used Copics

Thought I'd share a similar card that I made several years ago but with watercolors and watercolor paper that inspired my design.



 Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Theresa

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully cool scene you have created, I can just feel the breeze swinging the hammock now! Thank you for joining our fun at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish I were at that beach! Lovely card, thanks so much for joining us at Make the Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous beach scene you've created! Love the embossed clouds also. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Beach Time" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, I'd like to reserve that spot for my next holiday please. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card. Love the scene .. Thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!