Sunday, December 9, 2018

Poinsettia with Watercoloring

Hello!  For this card I have used one of my oldest and favorite poinsettia stamps from PSX.  I think this may be the first time that I water colored it.   I used Distress Oxide ink Fired Brick to stamp the image on watercolor paper and used a water brush to color with  Fired Brick, Lucky Clover, Peeled Paint, and Fossilized Amber DOI.  I added some highlights to the center of the flowers with a Metallic Gold Gelly Roll pen.  I used Spellbinders Regal Frame dies to cut a frame from Fresh Asparagus CS and used a Shimmery Yellow Pearl CS as the card base.  The sentiment from GKD was stamped with SU Always Artichoke ink.
Challenges:
Allsorts Challenge: Week 497 Christmas Flowers
Happy Little Stampers: December Anything Goes with Dies
Happy Little Stampers: December Christmas Challenge Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers: December Watercolor Challenge Anything Goes
The Flower Challenge: Challenge #27 use an older stamp or die.  The stamp is dated 1992 so I know it is an old one.  The die that I used is about 3 years old.




 Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poinsettia and gorgeous frame, lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Christmas flowers week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely design with a super image and colours. Thank you for joining our 'Christmas Flowers' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful and the die frames it wonderfully too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent, Theresa! Your coloring is perfect! It must have been fun to have it come out so great the first time!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and wonderful poinsettias, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card, your water coloring of the flower is so pretty. You found another way to use your stamp
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  8. This stamp might be an oldie but its still a goodie!! You did an incredible job with your watercolouring. I love the softness of the Oxide inks, really adds to this image. And the intricate but simple frame in green sets it off beautifully. I'm so glad you shared this with us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful poinsettia image with beautiful colouring and your frame is a perfect finishing touch.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again next year.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card and image!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!