Thursday, July 7, 2016

Trip to a Lighthouse


Where are you spending the summer?  Wouldn't a trip to a lighthouse and the ocean be a fun time?   I pulled out this Art Impression stamp to create this card for several challenges. I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics and sponged the sky with Memento Summer Sky ink.  The sky was embossed with Darice EF Clouds before sponging. I backed the image with Graphic 45 Gingham pattern from By the Sea pad. Attached this to a Blue Card Base.  Added some star brads from my stash and a sentiment from GKD Gifts of the Sea set.

Challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C343 Honor lighthouses on your card.
Allsorts Challenge: Week 370 Gingham Style
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Summer/Holiday Destination-going to the lighthouse by the sea.
Retro Rubber Challenge: #42 Brads and Eyelets.  I won the Lighthouse stamp in August 2013 in a card challenge. I have had the brads for a number of years and happy to have a reason to use them.
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge #201 Anything Goes.
Double D Challenges: Simply Gingham.  Thought this Gingham paper was great with this image.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: July challenge
Mod Squad Challenge:  Lazy Days Of Summer---great spot to be lazy is by the ocean.










Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

22 comments:

  1. I live on Lake Michigan and this looks perfect. Just like a summer day at the beach. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad challenge.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely bright and cheery card with the gingham papers Theresa, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty Theresa! Great coloring! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Simply Gingham’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great scene and love the clouds and the image.
    Thank you for joining my Gingham challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I have always loved lighthouses so my collection of stamps includes quite a few. Your card is wonderful and the brads is just the right bling. Thank you so much for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you will be back in our gallery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks such a peaceful spot for a picnic or to sit and have a quiet read of your favourite book!
    Thanks for joining in at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this beautifully colored image of the Lighthouse, all the open space of the sky and the beach really enhances it, making it the center of attention on your card.
    Love the detail of those pretty brad stars.
    Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber, hope you come back again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, another gorgeous lighthouse! Love your coloring and use of star brads for the brad/eyelet challenge at Retro Rubber- thanks for sharing and playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sky technique is so clever and inspiring. Your coloring rocks. Love how you put everything together. Thanks so much for doing the challenge!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous design for this seaside card! Thank you so much for sharing it in the Sweet Stampin’ Summer or Holiday Destination Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful scene, Theresa! The coloring and embossing details are great. I especially love the brads against the gingham. Thanks so much for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week! Always love seeing you in our gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I love this Theresa and like me you have gone for star brads :) Your card has made me long for the seaside. Thanks for playing at Retro Rubber this time. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun scene - perfect with the gingham, background - Thanks for joining in at DD's~

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful project, gorgeous colours and image used. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D
    Challenge! Do hope we see you next challenge with your fabulous talent .xx
     Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully created summer card! Thank you for joining us at Double D for our challenge!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your summer card, the lighthouse and gingham background is just perfect! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am always excited to see your cards in our gallery! Plus I just love lighthouses - someday I will visit one! Beautiful coloring and detail! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have this stamp! I love it too! The stars are a great embellishment. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful scene Theresa! Your coloring is awesome. Love the accent of the star brads you used. Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This makes me wish I was there, a lovely scene beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at CHNPPC.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!