Monday, December 10, 2012

Cards and Card Box for Mother

Box Made for Cards
Box Opened with Cards Inside

Today, I am showing a Christmas project that I made as a gift for my Mother... a box of Christmas cards using a box that I recycled that contained a gift of nuts. The inside of the box folds out revealing the space I used  for the cards, stamps, and address labels. Since my Mother is a quilter, I designed the top like a quilt square piecing squares of paper that were embossed for texture. Used die cuts and brad in center. Added DP to sides.

Challenges:
Papertake Weekly: Anything goes with option to make a gift for Christmas
Scrap Creations: Anything but a Card
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Theme is Christmas
PaperPlay Challenges: Christmas is Coming.
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday:  Create  An Altered Christmas- All you need to do is create anything that isn’t a card for Christmas. Did a box of Cards.

Supplies for box:
Recycled Box
Papers: Green, Yellow, and White CS, Authentique DP, Red Foil Paper
Cuttlebug Assorted Embossing Folders
Cheery Lynn Build a Flower Die
Brads

Cards Inside: Made with a photo of a Quilted Wall Hanging that my Mother made. I printed cards on GKD white CS using Photoshop and embellished  the front with gemstones, tiny ribbon bows and dry embossing with Cuttlebug Wicker Weave EF's.  Took a while to tie 35 bows.




Close up of Card
Inside of Card

Thanks for coming by. Theresa

4 comments:

  1. fantastic, what a wonderful gift set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab
    thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. This box of cards is adorable! I love the quilt block look and your wonderful color choices! So glad you could play along in the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!