Monday, October 8, 2012

Friends of Speedy TV Challenge


Happy Monday to you! We have a fun challenge for you today from Friends of Speedy TV. ...use Distressing on your card.  There are several ways to do distressing, the process of giving a card a worn look.  Probably, the 3 most common ways are with inks, with special tools, and  with stamps. I have used a combination of distressing on my card. I used a distress tool on the edge of the orange mat and also added some distress ink on the edges.  For the image layer, I simply tore the edges and then sponged with ink. For the image I used a mask over the stamped area and sponged the background to add a distress look to the sky.  I cannot wait to see how you use Distressing Techniques. If you enter the challenge this week you have a chance to win "Celebrate Big" by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co stamp shown below. You have until 11:00 pm on Sunday October 14th to submit your cards at Home of Speedy TV. 

Supplies:
Stamps: "I'm Going Batty" by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Paris Dusk, SU Night of Navy, Ranger Distress Ink  Tea Dye
Pencils, Markers, Glaze Pens, Gold Metallic Pen for Coloring
Papers: White, Black CS, Echo Park Apothecary Emporium DP
Distress Tool
Cobweb Ribbon from stash

Challenges to enter:
Party Time Tuesdays: Frightfully Scary
Ribbon Carousel Blog: Halloween Spirit
Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C157-Use Fave Halloween Character.  Always like a scary Witch.
No Matter Which Challenge: Halloween Creations or use Halloween Colors
 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

14 comments:

  1. Love your card. The coloring of the background is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the way your witch is in the stormy sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is sooo cute! Love the way the sky looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spooky distressing, she's at home in the stormy sky (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa FAB job on the card, most especially love your sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at the cat sitting on the broom :), such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at NMWC and good luck. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Storms a brewin........Good job.....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa,
    Your sky is so awesome! The image is colored wonderfully and your card adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the simplicity of your design, it's awesome. Thanks for playing along at NMW Challenges this month, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great distressed card! LOVE the sky!!!! Beautiful spooky card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great sky background and distressed edges! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Party Time Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks marvelous! I love the smoky sky you have achieved here!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!