![]() |
| Card made with Homemade Washi Tape |
According to the City Crafter Blog, Washi tape is all the craze today. You can buy from several sources or you can make your own which is what I did. There are several tutorials and videos to learn how to do. Just google and find the way to make your own. I viewed several "How To's" and made mine with tissue papers and Scor-Tape. I never throw away tissue papers from gifts or from wrapped purchases so I have a lot of tissue to use. On the left is a photo of some I made with half inch scor-tape and a 6"x6" square of scor-tape. They were all made with print tissue except the one with strawberries was white tissue that I stamped and colored. I need to get some 1" tape which I think I'd prefer.
City Crafter is challenging us to use Washi or Tissue tape on our projects ... it can be store bought or handmade ... but there is a catch ...you are only allowed to use 2 other items with the tape on your projects! On my card I used 2 strips of tape....a 1/2 " strip and a 2" strip that I made of a black and white pattern tissue paper. The paper is shown behind my card in the photo above. My 2 other items used are ribbon and a stamp.
Challenges:
City Crafter Challenge Blog: Wishi Washi 2 (Details above)
The Play Date Cafe: Color Splash Challenge-use black, white and a splash of lime.
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge: Thank You projects
Craft Your Days Away: Anything Goes
Supplies:
White Card Stock
Stamp: Stampin Up "Thank Up"
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Copic YG03
Homemade tape of tissue paper scrap and Scor-tape
Green Satin Loop Tape from stash
Have you used Washi Tape?? I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

this is a winner, it's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYour pretty Washi tape looks great on your lovely card. I didn't have any patterned tissue paper so I used plain tissue paper, stuck it down to the tape and then stamped it.
ReplyDeleteNow I will have to go look for some pretty tissue paper! :)
lovely work...that tissue paper is gorgeous..makes for perfect washi tape! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!!!
ReplyDeleteYour tape is stunning ... as is your card ... Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card love the monochromatic look
ReplyDeletethanks for joining the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge and good luck
Janet
The black and white "washi tape" is terrific! Great job of creating your own!
ReplyDeleteLovely and elegant. And thanks for sharing a DIY washi tape.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Thank You” Challenge!
Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/
Great use of the Washi Tape and the card is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!
ReplyDeleteLove the Washi Tape you used. Its such a pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!
ReplyDeleteWonderful handmade tape!!! Looks so pretty!!many thanks for playing at CCCB
ReplyDeleteExcellent card, thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!
ReplyDelete