This is a different style of card for me. I was just playing with stamps and inks and came up with this card. I was trying to see if I could create a summer scene using a stamp of trees which was intended to be a winter scene. The stamp is from Mark's Finest Papers "Ice and Snow". I stamped the barren trees with versamark and embossed with Zing Chestnut EP. Then I began adding color with Copics and then TH Distress inks until I was satisfied with the scene. Letting my artistic side out. I ended up with sort of an Impressionist look. Stamped sentiment from MFP's "Peaceful Nuthatch" in Memento Rich Cocoa . Used textured paper from DCWV Safari Pack and Brown CS and Brown ribbon from stash.
This card fits into the Speedy TV Challenge Simple Salutations #3 to create a card with a tree image and add a sentiment as your salutation to the front of the card.
Are you ever challenged to use a stamp for something other than its intended use?
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you.
Theresa
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Like the Tree Path scene you've painted/created. Reminds me of a place my hubby & I visited outside New Orleans. Thanks for entering MFP Simple Salutations Ch#3 Tree.
ReplyDeleteMelissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
MFP Simple Salutations
Wow!!!! I was actually looking at your Joy Fold card and my eye was caught by the tips of the trees. I just had to scroll down to see what you did with this stamp. AWESOME!! I just love spinning the stamps a different way. What a Fabulous idea!
ReplyDeleteYou've created and awesome scene! Gorgeous!
ReplyDelete