Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Dreamin'


Summer  is the challenge theme this week at FOSTV.  When I think of summer I think how fun it would be to spend time on a sailboat but we do not have one so I am just dreaming about Summer by making this card for inspiration. I used a New Stamp soon to be released by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. It was so easy to make this card because it is finely detailed and fun to color.  I colored the buildings with bright colors as if the boat is docked on a Caribbean Island.  And I personalized the boat in a special way---do you notice??  The scene looks like a water color and more so because the paper  has a grainy look.  What are your summer dreams or fun realities?
Challenges:
Craft a Scene:  Beach Scene -sand and water



Supplies:
Stamps: "Island Life" set by  Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co
Inks: Ranger Distress Ink Tea Dye, Memento  Summer Sky and Rich Cocoa Pads and Memento Markers Angel Pink. Cantaloupe, Dandelion, Bamboo Leaves, Potter's Clay, Rich Cocoa
Copics: B0000,00,01, E 00.15,25,3
Papers: DCWV pattern from Tahiti Beach Stack, Solid CS from MFP's Neutral Pack
EK Success Corner punch
Cuttlebug EF Forest Leaves (embossed pattern mat)


For those who enter the challenge at Speedy TV this week, you have a chance to win a MFP, a Heinrich Co stamp set shown:


Have a fun Summer!!!
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

18 comments:

  1. Cute! I noticed right off the name of your sailboat!!! Love your coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome card, love the image (name of the boat), and your coloring! Good luck, it's a winner for sure.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, love the watercolor effect! You did a great job giving it an island feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are genius with these stamps! Love naming the boat
    Just wish I was there (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous scene. Love this stamp collection. I too dream of going sailing but inside watch from the shore as I read my book and eat ice cream. Have a awesome week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Theresa! What a tranquil beach scene you've created! Wouldn't mind being there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa, this is a fabulous beach scene. I love how you made it up in the card. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of your sail boat being in the Caribbean Theresa, that works perfectly for me. Beautiful card.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanna sail off too! Especially since it was 107 yesterday at our house. I love your card and the coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love just about everything on this card! :) Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful scene! Lovely soft colouring and what a great stamp. Love that you gave the boat a name. The sky is gorgeous. Thank you for playing along at Craft a Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card! I want to do that for summer too! Great detailing on the back of the sailboat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your scene is gorgeous! I wish I was there right now! Your coloring is wonderful! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card - love the boat name! I would rather be on the island rather than the boat - get sea sick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is spectacular! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Caribbean island and I want to be there...NOW! :-) Super 'summer' card. Love it!!! I see how you personalized the boat...fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card. I love the coloring. I wish I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! Love it all, thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene, Anja

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!