This is one of those cards that just evolved. I think this one would be more Shabby Chic in style so I will enter it into Sugar Creek Hollow for their Mother's Day Challenge. I began with Nana Vic's Digital image "Letter Writing".....I have many of her images but have not used many in a card. I decided to use this when I saw that she is the sponsor this week of SCH and many of the DT made lovely cards with her images. After printing the image, I colored it with Copics, added some Distress Ink and cut with a circle die. I placed this on a distressed paper doily, a pattern paper mat and then on to the embossed card base. I sponged all the layers with Distress Inks as I assembled the card. Finished with a ribbon and bow and stuck in a "toothpick" pencil. (I learned how to make the pencil at my last stamp club meeting.Even colored in an eraser.) I stamped the sentiments with Distress ink.
Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Make Mother's Day card that is vintage, shabby chic or primitive.
Really Reasonable Ribbon: Challenge #47 is Mother's Day/Feminine with Ribbon
Supplies:
Stamps: Nana Vic's "Letter Writing", Flourishes "Love Sweet Love" and "Taglines" Sentiments
Inks: Distress Ink Antique Linen and Tea Dye
Copics: B01,04, R20,22, E00,000,15,30,34,35, C3, N4 and more
Papers: Ivory and White CS, Pattern from Webster's Petite Paper
Cuttlebug EF Kassie's Brocade
Organza Ribbon and Toothpick
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa
Friday, May 4, 2012
Just Writing to Say I Love You....
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Challenges,
Copics,
Digital Images,
Nana Vic,
Ribbon,
Shabby Chic,
Toothpick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Beautiful card, Theresa! Love the image and details!
ReplyDeleteMorning Theresa, what a fabulous card, love the pencil!! Never seen that before, you always share should good ideas. So glad you could join us in Nana Vic's challenge and that you used her image. Thanks for supporting us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
ReplyDeletehugs, Patti SCH/DT
Fab card and I love that image...
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely beautiful! Love all your wonderful touches!
ReplyDeleteThis is very pretty! I love the embossing and the doily. Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow. Hope to see you again soon.
ReplyDeleteRenee