Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's A Good Day in May

Someday I hope I can make flowers as beautiful as some of the talented card makers out there....I am not saying any one's name, but you know who I mean.
But in the mean time, I am using these "store bought" flowers on this card that I made for a few challenges.  Opened the petals on flowers to indicate various stages of growth. Picture is not the best but running out of time.

Challenges:
Joan's Gardens: Use any size or kind of butterflies on your card, Use some type of scallops or lattice, Use yellow or gold colors, Use a pattern paper back ground.
Friends of Speedy TV Challenge: Make a card that has to do with the month of May. Roses bloom in the month of May and the first day of May (May Day)  is a good day!
Craft Your Passion Challenge: Use lot of Texture
Lollipops: Anything Goes
Anything Goes Challenge: Anything with Wings
Oldie But Goodie: Die Cuts and Punches....the Martha Stewart punch and flowers are older than 6 months
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes

Supplies:
Stamp: Mark's Finest Papers Special Lion Set-great sentiments in this set
Butterfly Stamps unknown-Had these already stamped from some time ago...think it was borrowed
Copics Y26 for Butterflies
Ink: Versamark
Gold Embossing Powder
Papers: White, Green, and Yellow CS all from stash. SU Pattern Paper
Punch: Martha Stewart Lattice ( Used 2 strips placed side by side)
Dies: Cheery Lynn Olive Branch (Another purchase from last weekend)
Metallic Thread for antennae on large Butterfly
Flowers: Prisma

What happened to April....it's May already!
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

14 comments:

  1. Stunning card. I love the green and yellow and those butterflies, gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with Friends of SpeedyTV. We hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Another gorgeous creations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card...your flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card as it looks so full of sunshine and Spring/Summer. Pretty lattice, flowers, and butterflies.
    Thanks for joining us again at FOSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great Spring card, & I love the trellis effect of the die cut. Thanks for sharing with us at An OBAG, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful butterfly and rose theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Theresa! I love yellow roses, and the trellis effect is perfect on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done, Theresa! lol..I know what you mean about those handmade flowers! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roses look fine - shop bought or not - great card. Thanks for playing at FOSTV

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and I love your flowers! Don't put yours down. You can always laugh at mine. It won't hurt my feelings. Love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one beautiful card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Theresa! Love the bright colors.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens weekly Challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy you joined us this week at Papertake Weekly with your wonderful project!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Theresa, I love the trellis with the flowers
    Thanks for joining us at Oldie But A Goodie for the punches & Dies challenge and good luck
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!