Sunday, May 8, 2016

Humming Along


Hello! Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers......you are all so Special!   I have ben playing with an old stamp set from Flourishes called Humming Along. I was inspired by the challenge at Fusion for both the theme, colors and layout.   I found a "tag" or whatever it is framed with metal in my stash.  I stamped honeysuckles with Memento Espresso Truffle ink on the frame and colored with Copics.  I stamped 2 Hummingbirds with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics and added some Wink of Stella and Stardust Pen to give some shine and iridescence to the birds.  Hope you can see that. Attached the frame with orange satin ribbon and placed this on an orange card base but only showed the orange on the fold side.  The sentiment is from Power Poppy Hens and Chicks by Marcella Hawley who was also the illustrator of the Flourishes stamps.

I love Hummingbirds and have seen one already in our gardens.   Time to get more feeders out.

Challenges:
Fusion Card Challenge: Sweet Orange Blossoms. I used the sketch and photo inspiration shown left.
Tuesday Throwdown: Challenge 292 Welcome Spring.  Hummingbirds are a sign that spring has arrived.



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

1 comment:

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

So pretty! Love the soft colours - a beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion.