Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Era of the 20's-30's Revisited

This card using an Art Deco image, reminiscent of the 20's era, is for the challenge at There's Magic in the Air.  I have already entered one card but the more I look at it, I do not think it really fits the challenge for a card that reflects the era of the 20's -30's.  I have used this digital image that I have had in my early digi files but do not know the source....I now make sure I file all images with the source's name. If you know the origin of this image, please let me know so I can give the proper credit.
I made this card very easily letting the image do the work. I embossed with Cuttlebug EF Divine Swirls and added some score lines to the card base of Good as Gold CS (GKD) making a 5x5" square card.  Printed the image and attached to a square mat of Navy CS (GKD). Added some highlights with Aytou Gold Spica pen and Sakura Clear Star pen.....seems I have used these 2 pens on a lot of cards lately. Used some Sukura clear glaze on the scrolls above image's head. Stamped a sentiment from GKD in versamark and embossed with Silver EP from Zing (new to me). Assembled all the layers and added some gold rhinestones. The image looks best if you click to enlarge.
Other challenge to enter:
DYSU Challenge: The theme is squares. Second entry for this challenge.
Allsorts Challenge : July theme is Free and Easy.  My card was both...Free(digi that is) and Easy. I know that is not what the theme means but just had to add that!

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

8 comments:

Naomi said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Love the gold and black...it's SO Art Deco! Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU this week!

Fleur said...

A great card. The colours are just right for the image
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your right this fits the era perfectly! Love that image... so cool! Wonderful card!

Debs said...

Fabulous card - love that you linked the free to the image and easy to the making of the card!
Thanks for playing Free & Easy with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

WencheP said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Denise and Louise said...

Great card - fabulous image. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Tenny Kusuma said...

Beautiful card Theresa. Thank you for sharing and playing along with DYSU Challenge blog.

Nicola said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx