Monday, April 4, 2022

To Save or Throwaway


Hello! Are you one of those card makers, like me, who is always seeing an item that could be repurposed on a card and hoard all sorts of items for that purpose?  I am trying to use up some of these saved items instead of just throwing in a box.  This week I purchased a garden flag and the picture on the package was perfect for a card.  (See photo below) So I trimmed the glossy photo from the package and attached to a scrap of blue cardstock and then to a card base of Textured Green CS from my stash.  Stamped the sentiment from my stamp stash with GKD Blue ink and heat embossed with Clear EP to create a Birthday Card. 
Challenge:
As You Like It Challenge: To recycle or buy new.  My card is made from a recycled package. I really like to buy new but there is a great satisfaction when I can salvage something and create something without spending money.  And it's also a challenge to my creative side to do so.  

Photo of Flag Package

Praying for the people of Ukraine. 
Thanks for stopping by. 
Hugs, Theresa

2 comments:

  1. Love this recycled card !!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant recycle, this card is a beauty! Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!