Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Groovy Times



Hello!  I got a bit carried away with the current groovy challenge at Retro Rubber....thinking about the 60's and bright colors brought to mind the hippy buses/vans of that time.  And so, I set out to create a card with that as my theme.  First, I found a digital image of a plain bus (shown below) that I colored in bright colors and images.  I searched my stash of stamps to find appropriate ones to create my "Love Bug".  Had fun doing this even though it took a while. All stamps used in the making of this cards are way older than 1 year, some going back to 2001....but none from the 60's. I was not stamping that far back even though I was around in the 60's.  I used Memento Inks and Copics for coloring.  I used all 5 bright colors in the challenge including purple for one heart. Since I did not want to have black windows, I added green shades to the side of the van and added a "sunshade" with flowers to the front. 

Stamps Used: Butterfly and 1 flower from Annabelle Whimsey Flowers 2011, Sentiment and Swirl from Laurel Burch 2017, Word Love, Heart, and Pixie Alphabet letters from PSX 2001/2003, 2 Flowers from Papercraft gift 2019, Peace from GKD Christmas set 2018, Large Flower from Happy Little Stamps 2018.  Used a total of 14 stamps. Finished with Bright Yellow card base and Bright Green background of Bazzill Textured and Shiny CS. Colors are brighter in real life than in photo. 

Challenges:
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: #426 Make your Mark
Retro Rubber Challenge: #179 Groovy Baby


Pray for the people of Ukraine.
Thanks for stopping by. 
Hugs, Theresa

3 comments:

  1. Lol, what a great image, Theresa! Love that bus, and your "groovy" coloring is spot on, lol. I think this bus lives on my street, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing rendition of the Hippy Van from the 60's! Thanks for such an inspiring addition to our gallery at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean this is just so creative and fun, I love it and you have ended up with a super fun card. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!