Seize the Birthday Challenge is celebrating their 200th Challenge! Congratulations to them for this great achievement and thanks to them for having a great challenge. For their special celebration we are to make a card inspired by their graphic shown below. I chose to use balloons and colors from the graphic and give it a watercolor feel by inking the balloons. I threw in some splatters as well (which my DH called sneezes?) I also colored the balloon strings with a black marker and used black die cut words as in the graphic. Supplies used: Darice Embossing Folder Balloons, White CS, Black CS, Pink CS, Cheery Lynn Dies, Memento Inks, Pods for Coloring Raised images, GKD Stamp for Splatters.
Friday, September 25, 2020
Balloons for a Happy Birthday
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Balloons,
Birthday,
Cheery Lynn Dies,
Darice EF,
Dry Embossing,
Inking with Pods,
Splatter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


This card is so soft and sweet. I love how you inked/watercolored the raised parts. Someone is going to love getting this. It's too funny that DH calls the spatters sneeze's.
ReplyDeleteLove the softness of your birthday card and your inspiration is surely evident! So glad you played along with our 200th Challenge at Seize the Birthday, you did a great job!
ReplyDeleteAwesome birthday design. I love balloons.
ReplyDeleteWhat a FUN card. Your balloons are so real looking, and the faint splatters are so pretty. Really a FAB card, and a great way to celebrate a bday. I saw it at Seize The Birthday, and had to come by to take a peek. LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to invite you to stop by Word Art Wednesday and link up with us there as well. Any time you can join us, I'd love to have you. The challenges are always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and we have awesome sponsors (current sponsor is Clearly Besotted). I so hope you will stop by to play along.
Have a blessed week, and keep on crafting!
Karen L
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - Come, play along with us!
You've represented the colors of the graphic on the balloons beautifully! Thank you so much for playing along at Seize the Birthday!
ReplyDelete